This was written a couple of days ago: Yesterday I decided to write this post because it came to my mind that shopping can be programmed to be seen in a negative light. Understandably, excessive shopping and impulsive purchases are an issue. However, if it’s done in moderation and you’re able to save more than you spend then it’s better.
I’m going to list top 5 reasons for retail therapy ( one list for online shopping + another for in-store retail) below👇🏾:
- Better selections: You can find stuff online that necessarily you would not be able to find in a store.
- Peaceful environments: In-store shops can be busy at certain times and period so if you prefer quieter environments, you’ll be able to do it from the comfort of your own home.
- Variety: There’s more of a variation online, rather than the limited options inside shops. Stores can only stock so much, so therefore online it gives a company a chance to display all their items.
- Deals and discounts: There are always discount codes or deals that can be used with purchases to reduce costs. It can be helpful especially when you’re tryna to stick to a budget or being able to buy more items and spend the least amount of money.
- Efficiency: the process is quicker online in general. You can select the items, pay and wait for it to come. Nowadays, we even have the option of next day delivery, so you don’t have to wait too long for it.
Let’s move on to in-store retail…
They are still very much needed because it provides a safe base for companies to keep their businesses running. The only way I can explain is by comparing it to a warehouse store. It is a place to keep storage at. The difference is you can buy from this warehouse store, which you wouldn’t be able to do a regular storage unit.
- Delivery options: When you get something online, you are given the option to deliver your purchased items to a nearby store. The service is called click and collect, this minimises the chance of having a missed delivery or other complications.
- Pre-selection: In-store shopping only works if you know exactly what you want to get and you know the store very well. Otherwise, your day can get very very longgg.
- Instant gratification: Usually instant gratification isn’t something you should indulge in all the time because it can lead you to do impulsive and reckless behaviours. Online shopping is delayed gratification, which is better because of the anticipation of your goods. You don’t have enough time to think about what you do. In terms of shopping, if the store has your item, you can get it then and there. It makes you feel content with your trip because it hasn’t been wasted.
- Loyalty cards: I think it’s one of the best things about stores, you can sign up for loyalty cards so all your points are collected and are able to use for future purchases if you don’t have the money or the sufficient funds. It also provides you with deals or coupon which are beneficial for managing your finances by reducing your spending.
- Tried and tested: This is one of the main ones, you can try on the clothes or shoes to make sure it’s a perfect fit. Most shops have changing rooms, so it’s easier to do so now.
Thank you for taking time to read this post
Check out the other Top 5 related post: